The City-Wide Clean Up Day event is organized by The Nashawannuck Pond Steering Committee in partnership with the Friends of The Manhan Rail Trail and Easthampton City Arts.
Areas to be cleaned include:
- Cottage Street - trash pick up, weed removal in sidewalks
- Nashawannuck Pond /Boardwalk - mulching planters, weed removal, trash pick up
- Union Street - trash pick up, weed removal in sidewalks
- Manhan Rail Trail - raking, mulching, trash pick up
- Lower Mill Pond (Ferry St.)
- Millside Park
- Emerald Place
- Everett Street
- Clark Street
- Boathouse Beach
- John Bator Park
What to bring:
- Push broom (if street cleaning)
- Contractor bags
- Leaf blower
- Wheel barrow, if you have one
- Weed removal tools
- Water and sunscreen!
- Smart phone - to document litter!
Where to go:
After you sign up online for your shift, come to the Municipal Lot on Sat. May 5th a few minutes prior to your shift to check in. Be sure to bring protective gloves, and supplies.
Want to help identify where litter is a real problem in our community? We're using Litterati, a geo-location app that targets the location of specific litter and provides documentation by uploading images to a world-wide database and #hashtagging them for identification. This is a great learning opportunity for all ages. Be sure to download the app before Clean Up Day!