Join us on Saturday, May 5, 2018 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM for Easthampton Clean Up Day! (Rain date: Sunday May 6th)
The event is organized by The Nashawannuck Pond Steering Committee in partnership with the Friends of The Manhan Rail Trail and Easthampton City Arts.
Areas to be cleaned include:
- Cottage Street - trash pick up, weed removal in sidewalks
- Nashawannuck Pond /Boardwalk - mulching planters, weed removal, trash pick up
- Union Street - trash pick up, weed removal in sidewalks
- Manhan Rail Trail - raking, mulching, trash pick up
- Lower Mill Pond (Ferry St.)
- If you have an area of the city that you think needs help, please let us know and we'll add it to our job list. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Push brooms
- Contractor bags
- Wheel barrow, if you have one
- Weed removal tools
- Water and sunscreen!
- Smart phone - to document litter!
Where to go:
After you sign up online for your shift, come to the Municipal Lot on Sat. May 5th a few minutes prior to your shift to check in. Be sure to bring protective gloves, and supplies.
Want to help identify where litter is a real problem in our community? We're using Litterati, a geo-location app that targets the location of specific litter and provides documentation by uploading images to a world-wide database and #hashtagging them for identification. This is a great learning opportunity for all ages. Be sure to download the app before Clean Up Day!